"Her hands are busy spinning thread, her fingers twisting fiber." Proverbs 31:19 NLT

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Let There Be Light

I haven't exactly taken a break from knitting. I knitted whenever I could on the 12 hour trip, one way, for a family reunion. I do have to help drive and have to rest my eyes from driving. But knitting I did, when I could. I knitted in the evenings while visiting with my mother.

And now, for 2 weeks, I knit when I can while my step-daughter's family is here for a visit. It's hard to blog while 4 boys, all 11 or under (and one 3 years old) are here but I can knit with hoots and hollers all around.

I've been working on Christmas presents. Four Faire Isle hats for said grandsons and some more bags that I posted about last time. But I thought I'd share a great product in this post.

Last night we went to see fire works in our town and since they were to start at dusk, and since everyone's idea of dusk is slightly different, we left early enough to be sure not to miss anything. So I took my knitting bag. Dusk for these particular people was well after the sun was down. But, never fear, I had light with which to knit.

Enter, HUGlight Flexible Hands Free Light
My attempt at a "selfie."

I was able to knit right up until the fireworks began and, let me tell you, everyone thought I was toooo cool. Well, at least the grandboys did. The others may or may not have thought I was a bit fanatical. But I did get some Christmas knitting done.

And speaking of "selfies," here is one taken by one of our twin grandsons:

He's the one without the curls.

1 comment:

  1. HAHA! Loved "he's the one with the curls." You are so funny! It reminds me of someone... oh yeah! ME! BHAHA

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the encouragement of your comments.